The City University of New York
Graduate School of Journalism Research Center
Unpaid Internship Position
The CUNY J-School Research Center is dedicated to providing students and faculty with the latest research training, tools and resources for journalists. We are seeking an unpaid intern for a one-semester appointment of 10-15 hours per week. The intern will report to the Access Services Manager.
The successful candidate will provide assistance with cataloging, circulation, reserves, and interlibrary loan services; help maintain the Research Center Website; maintain the inventory of equipment and resources; disseminate Research Center communications; order supplies; provide basic equipment maintenance and maintenance of library systems; and other duties as assigned by the Chief Librarian.
- Be currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited library and information science graduate program and have a minimum of 18 credits toward their degree.
- Commit to a one-semester appointment.
- Have completed a course in cataloging and reference/electronic resources.
- Have the ability to work effectively and flexibly in a service-oriented, computer-intensive environment.
- Have the ability to use web authoring and desktop publishing software, like WordPress.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience searching the Internet.
- Have the ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
Please send an e-mail expressing interest and availability, with resume attached to Barbara Gray, Interim Chief Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distinguished Lecturer and
Interim Chief Librarian
CUNY Graduate School of Journalism