Location: Hostos Community College
Issue Date: Tuesday, August 23, 2011
PVN Number: RIT-815
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Educational Technology, with wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment, the Multimedia Specialist will implement complex technical programs and/or projects to support faculty & students depending on the needs of the Educational Technology Office (EdTech.) The Multimedia Specialist will:
1.Support the enhancement and expansion of Virtual HALC (Hostos Academic Learning Center)
2.Support the creation of a Hostos Media Repository
3.Support the development of a Learning Styles Inventory System
4.Support other EdTech projects as determined by the Coordinator of Educational Technology
• Act as a liaison between the Hostos Academic Learning Center (HALC) and the Office of Educational Technology (EdTech)
• Implement innovative pedagogical applications of the latest computer, mobile and digital media technologies.
• Develop educational and tutorial websites, interactive learning modules, multimedia presentations, video, audio and print educational media.
• Provide one-to-one guidance to professors and instructors in Blackboard, distance learning, online applications, mobile technology and digital and print media use in the classroom across all disciplines in a professional setting.
• Keep abreast of the latest hardware and software developments and adapt them for pedagogical uses across disciplines.
• Modify existing applications as required.
Salary:$35,000 – $55,000
• A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of full time work experience in computing or a related field. A master’s degree in computer science or a related field is a plus.
• Proven ability to keep abreast of the latest hardware and software developments and the ability to adapt them for pedagogical uses across disciplines.
• Proven track record of managing multiple projects in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
• In-depth experience in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, or related video editing software.
• In-depth experience programming in Java, .NET, ASP, PHP.
• Strong understanding of database design (MySQL, MS SQL).
• Experience with virtual environments (Second Life), and gamification is a plus.