CUNY’s School of Professional Studies (SPS) offers innovative undergraduate and graduate level courses, certificates and degree programs, including CUNY’s first online degree programs. Drawing on CUNY’s nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, SPS offers programs in a wide range of disciplines, including Masters programs in Applied Theatre, Labor Studies and Disability Studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Assistant will assist in the implementation of the School’s marketing plan through the coordination of the School’s advertising and direct mail campaigns.
- Assist with the coordination of advertising campaigns for SPS programs, including negotiating advertising rates, contracting ad space, submission of creative and tracking effectiveness
- Assist with the coordination of design and production (copy writing, editing, photography) of marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters and direct mail pieces
- Assist with monitoring campaigns to ensure that ad materials are prepared and delivered in a timely manner
- Provide assistance, support and coordination for out-source design and production of publications including preparation of bid specifications and location of appropriate vendors, providing cost estimates and tracking of projects
- Assist in the coordination of print and electronic mailings
- Assist in conducting market research as it related to SPS program development
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Associates Degree (Bachelors degree preferred) and minimum of two years experience in marketing, communications, advertising, graphic design or related field preferred.
- Strong computer skills required; specifically, proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the ability to work on both PC and MAC platforms required, intermediate experience with Quark Xpress and/or Adobe InDesign preferred *Demonstrated organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding and complex work environment
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Occasional night and weekend hours may be required
Salary Range: $16.00 – $19.00 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week
Please send resume, cover letter and the names of three references to:
SPS College Assistant/Marketing Assistant Search Laura Jack Director of Marketing and Communications School of Professional Studies
365 Fifth Avenue, Room 3300.32
New York, NY 10016