The CUNY Graduate Center seeks a part-time social-media specialist to maintain the Graduate Center’s presence on social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the CUNY Academic Commons. We are looking for a tech-savvy, highly capable individual who is familiar with both the Center itself and with the conventions of social networks.
- Assisting in the formation of a social media strategy designed to increase The Graduate Center’s visibility, student recruitment, and social media traffic;
- Working with academic programs, public affairs, and student services to aid outreach efforts;
- Engaging current and prospective students in a timely manner by responding to their information needs;
- Publicizing the academic and cultural events happening at the Graduate Center;
- Highlighting the academic work of Graduate Center faculty members, graduate students, staff, and alumni;
- Fostering alumni connections to the Graduate Center by highlighting accomplishments of alumni;
- Cultivating online communities in social media spaces around topics pertaining to the Graduate Center;
- Tracking the Graduate Center’s social-media presence and preparing reports on usage statistics;
- Researching current and new applications to facilitate social media outreach; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess demonstrated fluency with the conventions of popular social networks;
- Must have excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential;
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- $21/hour, 15- 20 hours/week
The position reports to The Graduate Center’s Associate Director of Admissions.
Please send a short statement of interest (no more than one paragraph) along with a CV, evidence of an online presence (a link to a portfolio site, a list of social-networking accounts, or a link to a digital project), and the names of two recommenders to email@example.com )