Under direct supervision, interns will have the opportunity to work with information professionals who are dedicated to developing and maintaining all processes and procedures related to NYCEDC’s Records and Information Management Program.
- Develop a Request for Proposals (RFP) for physical records storage (to replace existing contract).
- Inventory electronic records (Compliance Department)
- Inventory physical records (Accounting and Maritime Departments, and Legacy Records project)
- Develop training materials for Autonomy Records Manager (records keeping system)
- Pursue Bloomberg Administration Records project (collecting digital records pertaining to EDC projects 2002-2013).
The intern may also assist with day-to-day records and information management processes and procedures, and responding to requests for information from NYCEDC staff under the supervision of the Records Analyst(s) who are responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, data accuracy, and enforcement of NYCEDC’s Records and Information Management Program.
- Perform ad hoc projects (see list above).
- Communicate ideas to improve efficiency to Records Management Department staff.
- Follow standard operating procedures or develop new procedures where needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, in a records management, archival and/or knowledge management certificate program.
- Interns may obtain academic credit for the internship (NOTE: the applicants are responsible for setting up the internship with their school).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with records management and/or archival practices preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to lift boxes weighing 25-30 lb.
- Minimum 7 hours per week
- Internships are limited to a maximum of 990 hours per calendar year.
About the Records Management Department:
The Records Management Department develops and implements policies and procedures to identify, retrieve, share and maintain NYCEDC’s documents, files and drawings. This ensures the security of its critical records and enables their safekeeping for disaster protection. We provide convenient access to records regarding properties NYCEDC manages and sells on behalf of the City of New York and projects in which NYCEDC is involved.
New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/
You can apply by going online to: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA4/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NYCEDC&cws=1&rid=474
New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer