The CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS) offers innovative undergraduate and graduate-level courses, certificates, and degree programs, including CUNY’s first online degree programs. Drawing on CUNY’s nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, SPS offers programs in a wide range of disciplines, including master’s programs in Applied Theatre, Labor Studies and Disability Studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations and Development, the Alumni Relations and Development Assistant will:
- Provide administrative support for the Office of Alumni Relations and Development.
- Provide support for the management of the SPS Foundation Board and Alumni volunteers.
- Assist in the coordination and management of Alumni Relations and Development related events.
- Assist in the processing of gifts.
- Assist in the development, preparation, and dissemination of correspondence to alumni, donors, prospects, and other constituents.
- Manage and maintain accurate records in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, files, and reports.
- Assist with the updating and management of the SPS alumni and Foundation websites.
- Serve as a resource for all SPS alumni, volunteers, and personnel by being available and accessible to discuss and respond to inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- A bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) years related administrative and/or development experience preferred.
- Prior experience and strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) preferred.
- Ability to manage website and social networking platforms preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information preferred.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Ability to think independently and creatively.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely to all levels of administration, staff, and faculty; internal and external partners; and, the public.
- Organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow established processes.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Salary Range: $16.00-$19.00/hour depending on experience
Hours: 20 hours per week
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
SPS Alumni Relations and Development Assistant/College Assistant Halima Leak, Director of Alumni Relations and Development, CUNY School of Professional Studies, Room 3300.23, 365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016
For more information, please visit: http://gc.cuny.edu/About-the-GC/Resource-Services/Human-Resources/Jobs-at-the-GC%5CDetail?id=7384