Job ID Number: IS-06-12
CUNY’s School of Professional Studies (SPS) offers innovative undergraduate and graduate level courses, certificates and degree programs, including CUNY’s first online degree programs. Drawing on CUNY’s nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, SPS offers programs in a wide range of disciplines, including Masters programs in Applied Theatre, Labor Studies and Disability Studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Faculty Development at The CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS), the Evaluation Assistant will manage SPS student course evaluation processes and assist in the design and implementation of new program evaluation efforts.
• Assist with the management of SPS student course evaluation process (online and classroom-based courses), including preparing evaluation materials for distribution to administration and faculty; preparing aggregate analysis of evaluations for various SPS programs.
• Assist with the analysis of data returns.
• Coordinate the administration of student evaluation forms with faculty members and SPS partners; data entry and analysis.
• Develop a comprehensive evaluation database.
• Review and redesign existing surveys as needed.
• Design new evaluation processes and instruments as needed, including but not limited to print or online surveys, leading focus groups, and conducting phone interviews.
• Design program development research instruments as needed, such as employer or prospective student surveys.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Two years of practical experience in research methods and/or survey design (or a combination of practical experience and relevant graduate coursework in research methods and survey design.) preferred
- Experience with data analysis preferred
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communications and computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access and SPSS software)
- Database building experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and demanding work environment, carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
$17.00 – $18.00 per hour, depending on experience
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to: SPS Evaluation Assistant/College Assistant Search, Susan Ko, Director of Faculty Development School of Professional Studies, 101 West 31st Street, Room 736, New York, NY 10001