Hours: 20 hours/week; variable, day and night.
Start Date: September 21
Job Description: The College Assistant shall report to the Executive Director of The Center for the Humanities and the Curator of the James Gallery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting Executive Director, Academic Program Manager and Academic Program Specialist with editorial and administrative aspects of online publicity, including writing blogs and maintaining a social media presence for the Center for the Humanities, the James Gallery and Lost & Found
- Responsible for prompt archiving, editing, and uploading to online platforms all recorded events, media links, reviews and blogs
- Responsible for creation of press releases for prioritized events
- Responsible for update and maintenance of press lists
- Responsible for occasional seminar meetings and events, including preparation, setup, managing the audio recording disk, attending to speaker requests
- Responsible for assisting Academic Program Specialist with event updates and all other publicity emergencies as needed
Professional writing skills required. The preferred candidate will have at least two years demonstrated experience in social media and website maintenance, and ideally a proficiency in technical skills such as online audio, podcast and video editing. Some experience and interest in academic and public programs is also preferred.
Salary/ Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience, approx $18-$22 per hour.
To Apply: email Sampson Starkweather,<firstname.lastname@example.org>