School of Professional Studies/Joseph S. Murphy Institute
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The School of Professional Studies
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS) offers innovative undergraduate and graduate level courses, certificates and degree programs, including CUNY’s first online degree programs. Drawing on CUNY’s nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, SPS offers programs in a wide range of disciplines, including Masters programs in Applied Theatre, Labor Studies, and Disability Studies.
Program Assistant for the SPS Early Childhood Education Program
SPS seeks a highly-motivated and detail-oriented College Assistant/Program Assistant to support its programs for early childhood educators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Program Development Associate, the College Assistant/Program Assistant for the SPS Early Childhood Education Program will:
- Provide administrative support to the School’s early childhood education academic and professional development programs.
- Assist current and prospective students in applying for the School’s programs and courses.
- Communicate the School’s academic and program policies to students.
- Interface with academic operations staff to facilitate adherence to policies and procedures while providing excellent services to students.
- Assist with implementing marketing plans.
- Assist with the coordination and staffing of student recruitment events.
- Provide support to program faculty to facilitate the effective delivery of courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements for the position:
High School diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in early childhood education.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow established processes.
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, faculty, and staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, and comfort using various software applications to perform job.
$15.00-$19.00 per hour depending on experience Hours
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter and contact information of three references to:
Ms. Blasina Sims
SPS College Assistant/Program Assistant Search CUNY School of Professional Studies
365 5th Avenue, Room 8308
New York, NY 10016
For more information please visit: http://www.gc.cuny.edu/About-the-GC/Resource-Services/Human-Resources/Jobs-at-the-GC/Detail?id=8006