The Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS) is currently searching for a part-time photographic assistant to work for 8 months in the JTS Library. The photographic assistant will assist the digital photographer with the photography of manuscripts and will perform production and post-production of digital files. This position commences on May 1, 2012.
- Assist digital photographer with the photography and handling of manuscripts
- Production and post-production of digital files
- Perform advanced quality control to check for proper execution of color management profiles, file naming, photography errors, processing Raw files and creating any derivatives, etc.
- Perform image backup, archiving and uploading images to a server on second computer
- Ingest into digital preservation system
- Bachelor’s degree in photography with entry level experience
- In lieu of degree five years experience in working with established digital photography
- Excellent rare materials handling skills
- Knowledge of digital photography, image management software and digital preservation standards.
- Experience with Apple Computers regarding the maintenance, upgrading and calibrating of OSX Snow Leopard and OSX Lion.
- Experience with Xrite Color Management and Monitor calibration systems.
- Experience with Rollei xAct two camera and electronic shutter systems including the Phase One digital camera back, Kapture Group camera mounting systems, Schneider Digitar lens systems and Pocket Wizard infrared systems.
- Experience with Profoto strobe lights, Capture One Raw processing software and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to keep to a strict schedule
- Knowledge of Hebrew a favorable feature.
- Good team-working skills and flexibility on assignments
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Naomi M. Steinberger, Director of Library Services
The Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary
New York, NY 10027