The CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS) offers innovative undergraduate and graduate level courses, certificates and degree programs, including CUNY’s first online degree programs. Drawing on CUNY’s nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, SPS offers programs in a wide range of disciplines, including Masters programs in Applied Theatre, Labor Studies and Disability Studies.
SPS is seeking highly motivated, flexible, self-starter(s) to assist with inquiries and recruitment for its degrees and programs during morning, afternoon or evening shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Enrollment Registrar Manager, the Inquiry Specialist(s) will:
– Respond to general inquiries regarding the School of Professional Studies and its degree and certificate programs to ensure the highest level of student satisfaction.
– Route calls to the appropriate department and staff.
– Answer incoming calls and respond to live chat requests in a professional and courteous manner.
– Enter all call and live chat data into a computerized tracking system.
– Perform frontline reception duties: routine clerical work such as copying, information request fulfillment, filing, completing “ticket requests” and returning calls as needed.
– Collaborate with other administrative and academic SPS staff as needed.
– May help staff SPS Information Sessions.
– Other duties as assigned.
– High school diploma
– Some college preferred. At least 1-year of administrative experience is preferable.
– Strong Customer Service orientation and personable nature.
– Strong computers skills and be proficient with the Internet.
– Excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
– Strong reading and writing skills.
– Ability to communicate effectively and act as a member of a team.
– Must be energetic, well organized and patient with a blend of technical and analytical skills, initiative, and independence.
– Ability to prioritize, establish and meet goals and milestones, including the ability to make judgment calls and to respond tactfully in all situations.
– Ability to follow up, good with details, ability to deal with many issues concurrently.
– Fluent in Microsoft Office applications and web-enabled communication.
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Applicants must send a resume, cover letter, and the names and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to:
SPS College Assistant/Inquiry Specialist Search (Multiple Positions), Mr. Fred Cavalieri, Enrollment Registrar Manager, 101 West 31st St., 7th Floor, New York, NY 10016
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: http://www.gc.cuny.edu/About-the-GC/Resource-Services/Human-Resources/Jobs-at-the-GC/Detail?id=10823