The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts is seeking a Wikipedian-In-Residence for an unpaid internship. The successful applicant will have a commitment to the Library, Wikipedia, and the performing arts.
Reporting to the Music Division Curator for Rare Books and Manuscripts, the Wikipedian-In-Residence intern will:
- Create and/or enhance Wikipedia articles based on unique content found at The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts
- Provides training on editing Wikipedia to staff by request
- Provides training on editing Wikipedia to public by request
- Collaborates with staff any Wikipedia-related activities at NYPL
- Identifies outreach opportunities
- Good computer skills
- At least two years experience editing Wikipedia
- Extensive knowledge of at least one of the subject areas appropriate to The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts (Dance, Film, Music, Recorded Sound, Theatre).
- Those with interdisciplinary interests are especially encouraged
- Ability to work collaboratively with a positive outlook
Click here to apply.
This job is a great opportunity, not just for enhancing Wikipedia and NYPL but for building research, networking (and perhaps even marketing) skills. As you can see elsewhere on the Commons, some professors are using Wikipedia as part of their class curriculum.
I’ll be the supervisor – if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Comments are closed.