ArteEast invites accomplished undergraduates and graduate students to apply for a December-May Internship at ArteEast.
ArteEast thrives on the support of its dedicated volunteers. We offer an array of opportunities, including program planning, collateral distribution, research, print coordination, Web management and more.
The ArteEast internship program is structured to coordinate applicants’ interests, backgrounds and schedules with the needs of our organization. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide financial assistance, housing, or stipends. We do offer interns invaluable work experience within a major international arts organization, and free access to all ArteEast programs during the internship period.
We look forward to having you on board!
ArteEast, an organization dedicated to promoting the visibility of the arts and cultures of the Middle East in the United States, is looking for a Film Library Intern
The intern will have the opportunity to be involved in the management and development of an extensive library of films from the Middle East & North Africa under the supervision of the Film Programs Director.
• Regularly updating the library with new works and identifying new opportunities and partnerships for archive expansion and development
• Developing and updating necessary guides and manuals for library maintenance and management
• Identifying deficiencies with the current library management system, proposing solutions and implementing them
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the library including data entry, responding to screener requests, shipping and tracking exhibition copies
• Insuring proper storage and archiving conditions for tapes, DVD’s and digital files
• Researching good case practices in similar organizations
• Working with other members of the team to help creating the online version of the library
• Developing and promoting the library services
• Augmenting the film library with new books and publications
Skills & Experience:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Passion for library management and development
• Interest in film and the Middle East
• Ability to multitask
• Excellent communication skills
• Arabic and/or French is a plus
Location and Hours:
The schedule is flexible with a 10 to 15 hour a week commitment required (minimum). Some work from home possible. Internship is unpaid.
Please send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the subject line: Film Library Intern