Poets House, a nonprofit literary organization with a 50,000-volume non-circulating library of poetry books, chapbooks, and multimedia, is looking for interns and volunteers starting immediately.
Interested candidates are invited to send resumes to Librarian Gina Scalise: email@example.com. Volunteers and interns are generally scheduled for a minimum five-hour shift (sometime during Tuesday-Friday, 11-7).
We are in the process of transitioning out of our current catalog from an old Filemaker database to Koha and are seeking interns to help specifically with cataloging and the various enriching and correcting of records.
We have a very small staff and an intern’s responsibility is on par with full time staff. Please, only very interested candidates need apply. Please be advised, this is an unpaid internship opportunity.
An internship with Poets House offers you experience in a special collection library, access to our extensive collection of rare poetry titles and an opportunity to attend programs and lectures offered by Poets House.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- help catalog new donations and backlog of journals, books and multimedia
- catalog projects
- write thank you letters, shelve books, and other general maintenance of the library
- shelf checking
- answer reference questions
- occasionally give brief tours of the space
- research new poetry titles for our annual exhibition
- friendly open personality
- working knowledge of MARC
- appreciation or love of poetry