The Collections Manager at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum seeks an intern for a part-time (2-3 days a week) unpaid internship to commence this fall. The intern, reporting to the Collections Manager, will assist in cataloging and processing the Museum’s photograph and US Navy manual collections. If you are interested in artifact collections work and naval history, this is a great opportunity to gain practical experience in the museum profession.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Assists with the cataloging of permanent collections in accordance with standards established by AAM and AASLH.
- Assists with inventory of permanent collections as well as loaned materials.
- Assists with the organization of storage spaces as well as the re-housing of artifacts within those areas.
- Performs collections data entry on The Museum System (TMS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
A recent graduate or a current advanced degree student in museum studies and/or history with experience in handling historic artifacts is highly desired. Experience in TMS data entry is desirable, as well as archival management and/or preservation experience.
For consideration e-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.