Under supervision of the Director of Educational Technology, the Multimedia Specialist will implement complex technical programs and/or projects; perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, instructional design, and other similar functions to support faculty & students depending on the needs of the Instructional Technology Department; and participate and provide input to technical policy-making decisions.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Support in the implementation of Perkins Major Effort 2 such as ePortfolios, PDAs in the classroom and iTunes U/podcasting.
- Implement innovative pedagogical applications of the latest computer, mobile and digital media technologies.
- Develop educational and tutorial websites, interactive learning modules, multimedia presentations, video, audio and print educational media.
- Provide one-to-one guidance to professors and instructors in Blackboard, distance learning, online applications, mobile technology and digital and print media use in the classroom across all disciplines in a professional setting.
- Keep abreast of the latest hardware and software developments and adapt them for pedagogical uses across disciplines.
- Develop and administer short-term training courses for faculty and students.
- Modify existing applications as required.
- Provide support to Blackboard and iTunes users.
- Manage multiple projects in a dynamic team-oriented environment;
- Serve as a liaison between Academic Departments and Instructional Technology department, and as a technical resource in all aspects of systems, software and hardware.
Salary:$50,000 – $55,000
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth experience programming in Java, .NET, ASP, PHP, ActionScript(Flash).
- In-depth experience in Tegrity, TurnItIn, Camtasia, Adobe CS Suite, Blackboard.
- Strong understanding of database design (MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access).
- Strong understanding of WordPress MU, Sakai, Kaltura, WikiMedia, and other CMS platforms is a plus.
- Experience with Windows Mobile, iPad, and other mobile environments/languages.
For more information and how to apply visit: http://www.rfcuny.org/hr/pvn/cgi-bin/show_job.asp?pvn=RIT-833