Queens College Art Library is seeking a part-time College Assistant to work 20 hours/week, scheduled by agreement, beginning February 2013 or before. $10.99/hour, benefits. Renewable by contract.
The Art Library, among the leading undergraduate art libraries in the New York City metropolitan area, provides resources in the visual arts and material culture that address all aspects of art and architectural history, including theory, criticism, materials, techniques, and practice.
Position description and duties
Reports and provides support to the Head of the Art Library
Responsibilities will be assigned from the following:
· Assistance with processing Art Library gift materials including
o Bibliographic searching, inventorying, cleaning and arranging
o Occasionally performing basic preservation measures
o Compiling statistics and maintaining inventories
· Assistance with developing and facilitating educational outreach programs
· Assistance with developing information and publicity materials including
o Research and writing
o Records management
· BA, BFA or equivalent experience; MA, MFA, MLS degree or candidacy, and art experience or interest are preferred
· Good research and writing skills
· Advanced computer and graphic design skills preferred
· Excellent interpersonal skills, responsible, reliable, detail-oriented
· Ability to work flexibly and independently, as well as be part of a team
· Familiarity with and enthusiasm for contemporary and modern fine art
This is an excellent position for a Library Science, Art History, Art Studio or Museum Studies student looking for experience in working in an art library. Academic context provides opportunities for intellectual and creative contributions.
To apply, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
a cover letter
names of 3 professional references
For questions, email@example.com / 718 997-3770