Position: Archival Intern
Studio of internationally renowned artist seeks archival intern for 2 days per week during the spring 2013 semester. Intern reports to the studio manager.
Location: Lower East Side of Manhattan
1. Assisting with the updating of the entire physical file system
2. Regularly filing, updating and maintaining physical and electronic files of exhibitions, works, and related matters
3. Reconciling disparities between physical and electronic files
4. Assisting with updating information on works, vendors, contacts, etc. in the FileMaker database
5. Assisting with the maintenance of the archival system of catalogues, press, slides and invitations
6. Entering contacts into the Address Book
7. Assisting with general studio operations as needed
Candidates must be a currently enrolled student at an accredited university.
The ideal candidate is meticulous, organized, discreet, and professional with excellent research skills, previous administrative experience, strong communicative skills, an attention to detail and enthusiasm for working as part of a small team. The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of archival methods and materials as well as standard database entry skills. Proficiency in Mac platforms and Microsoft office are a must and a working knowledge of Photoshop and FileMaker database are preferred. An interest in contemporary art and knowledge of French and/or German are a plus.
To be considered please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume.