Reporting to the Systems Manager, the web developer will design, implement, and maintain the electronic services managed by Touro College Libraries Technical and Electronic Services (T&ES). We are a quiet office of nine professionals and clerical staff providing expert cataloging and technical support to Touro libraries worldwide. Most of the work is done independently, but collaboration at key points during projects is critical. As a non- librarian, the web developer will have a particular need to maintain close consultation with colleagues and other staff to ensure adherence to the unique expectations of the academic library.
1. Participate in maintaining of the Libraries’ website, including development and maintenance of public areas, as well as intranet services to optimize workflow and staff communication within the Libraries.
2. Develop and participate in maintaining an Electronic Resource Management System (complex database-driven web application integrated with EZproxy servers for management and administration of licensed e-content.
3. Participate and develop in library web development projects as needed.
4. Maintain the web-based front end (“catalog”) of the Libraries’ Innovative Interfaces Integrated Library System.
5. Ensure ongoing access to licensed e-content services. Perform regular updates to the Libraries’ Serials Solutions e-content discovery system.
Education and Experience:
BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience
Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
1. Demonstrated design of database-driven websites which successfully meet the needs of clients or users.
3. Proven ability to develop database-driven websites (i.e. WAMP/LAMP), taking into account appropriate security considerations.
4. Ability to acquire a working knowledge of new languages and frameworks quickly and independently.
5. Experience with CMS (Drupal), including management of contributed modules preferred.
6. Working knowledge of Linux preferred.
Salary ranges from $39k-$50k.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to:email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read: “Entry-Level Web Developer”
Systems Manager, Touro College Libraries
New York, NY 10010