The City Tech library (http://library.cityech.cuny.edu), located in Brooklyn, NY, seeks a librarian with technical and managerial skills to work with our administrative team in a variety of operations. The selected candidate will be assigned activities of which the following are illustrative:
- Provide support for the library’s online operations, especially Aleph (the library’s ILS)
- Serve as deputy administrator of circulation operations, with emphasis on staff training
- Participate in the hiring and supervision of part-time support staff
- Maintain PC management and printing software
- Maintain database inventory of library hardware and software
- Prepare requests for college funding
- Oversee the gathering, reporting, and analysis of statistical data
This position represents an opportunity either for an established librarian or for someone with less experience who may be seeking to gain a broad background potentially resulting in a leadership position.
Besides an ALA-accredited library degree, this position requires excellent technical, supervisory, and communications skills. Familiarity with the Aleph system preferred.
Appointment will be in the rank of lecturer unless a second masters degree is held, in which case as assistant professor. This position will be open until filled, with an anticipated starting date in March or April.
Applicants, please send via email a cover letter and CV to Prof. Anne Leonard at ALeonard@citytech.cuny.edu