Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Operations and User Support, the College Assistant/Help Desk Specialist will:
- Provide technical assistance to CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS) students, faculty, staff, and program participants. Answer technical questions or respond to technology issues reported by users (involving interaction in person, by telephone, online chat, email, etc).
- Assist in diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving technology related issues related to the School’s instance of Blackboard, electronic mail accounts, and other University related system issues.
- Provide technical support to the SPS Inquiry, Admissions and Advisement Center and other credit and non-credit programs offered by the School.
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and resolving technical problems relating to all SPS programs and initiatives. Communicate resolution of problems to users in a timely manner.
- Provide reports, analysis and recommendations as necessary. Utilize online software to create, log, and track Help Desk tickets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent of a minimum two years experience in Help Desk or Call Center support highly desired. Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, web-enabled communication and Microsoft Office is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Blackboard, E-Sims, CUNY Portal, registration systems and CRM systems preferred.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively are desirable.
- Energetic, well organized and patient with a blend of technical and analytical skills, initiative, and independence.
- Ability to prioritize, establish and meet goals and milestones, including the ability to make judgment calls and to respond tactfully in all situations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based, and customer service-oriented environment is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
$15.00 – $19.00 per hour
20 hours per week (Monday – Thursday, 5pm-10pm; 5 hours each day)
How To Apply
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, and the names of 3 Professional References to:
SPS College Assistant/Help Desk Specialist Search
Ericke Wong, Assistant Director of Operations and User Support
School of Professional Studies City University of New York
101 W. 31st Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer. The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office. Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee). All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act. The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.