The Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS) is seeking a part-time Processing Archivist. This is an eleven-month grant-funded positions that report to the Project Manager/Archivist. The position is available immediately.
About The Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary:
The Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary holds the foremost collection of Judaica and Hebraica in the Western Hemisphere, including manuscripts, rare printed books, periodicals, ephemeral materials, musical scores, sound recordings, moving images, graphic arts, and archives. It provides access to subscription databases and to its digital collections. The JTS Library serves the students and faculty of the institution in addition to the international community of scholars in Jewish studies and related areas. Please visit our web site.
The Processing Archivist will be responsible for the organization, rehousing and sorting of an archival collection of Jewish ethnomusicology in multiple formats including audio and film.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical organization and physical rehousing of collection.
- Processing and entering metadata into ArchivistToolkit database
- Outreach and publicity related to collection including use of social media and “brown bag lunch and learn” events
- MS in Library and Information Services or equivalent with a concentration in archives or Archival Records Management.
- One year’s experience in processing archival collections
- Experience working with Archivist Toolkit
- Experience working with digital objects
- Experience work with social networking
- Reading knowledge of Hebrew and German preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to excellent service.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed tasks
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and three references by September 9, 2013 to: Diana Torres-Petrilli, Director of Human Resources, Jewish Theological Seminary, 3080 Broadway, New York, NY 10027. email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>