The Citywide Curriculum Professional Development Team – New York City Department of Education – seeks a Blended Learning Manager.
The innovative Professional Development (iPD) team at the DOE is looking for a tech-savvy, collaborative educator to join our groundbreaking professional development work. The Blended Learning Manager will work directly with diverse teams in the NYCDOE, supporting them to use technology to achieve their goals.
The iPD team is responsible for creating blended professional development opportunities for New York City educators and administrators, leveraging the use of technology in face-to-face and online professional learning.
Specifically, we create and implement online courses, host a teacher-focused eCommunity, and build and promote resources for educators with a special focus on this year’s Citywide Instructional Expectations and the newly implemented Common Core State Standards. The iPD team is part of the Citywide Curriculum Professional Development team (in the Office of Achievement Resources).
Director of iPD
- Work collaboratively with teams of teachers, coaches, and administrators to devise and implement a strategic educational technology plan
- Support teams to use the Desire2Learn (D2L) Learning Management System to achieve their professional development goals around information-sharing, collaboration, and professional learning
- Customize the D2L system to provide a collaborative space for professional learning
- Manage the engagement of online professional learning spaces where schools and networks share resources
- Provide input into the planning and creation of online professional learning experiences for schools and networks
- Facilitate sharing of practices across diverse teams
- Design and implement an evaluation plan to improve practice and inform efforts to scale the work within the DOE
- Expertise using online learning management systems is required.
- Prior experience as a K-12 teacher and online instructor or trainer is strongly preferred.
To apply, please send a resume and summary of experience to Melissa Cardinali at firstname.lastname@example.org