Resource Sharing Internship
The intern will be introduced to the daily operations of an Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery department and will participate in various resource sharing activities
Collection Development / Acquisitions Internship
The intern will participate in creating online subject guides and will gain familiarity with work performed in the Acquisitions Department
Instructional Services Internship
The intern will observe and participate in a wide range of library instructional activities
These unpaid internship positions are aimed at providing current LIS students with a practical field experience. The successful candidates will have an opportunity to be part of an academic library environment and work with librarians responsible for resource sharing, collection development & acquisitions, and instructional services.
- Must be currently enrolled students in the LIS Master’s program
- Receiving internship course credit
- Have approval from the course coordinator prior to applying for the internship position
- Candidates must show initiative, flexibility and ability to work in a team based environment
- Familiarity with CUNY catalog and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is highly desirable
Internships begin Jan. 27, 2014. 10-15 hours per week per semester is required.
Review of applications begins immediately. Submit your curriculum vitae and an application letter stating the internship title to: Ms. Jo-Ann Mallozzi, Queens College Library, 65-30 Kissena Blvd., Queens, NY 11367; or via email: email@example.com