Celebrating its 10-year anniversary, the CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) leads the University in developing and operating online bachelor’s degrees for students who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS also offers master’s degrees, certificates, and non-degree programs, and is home to the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
The Assistant Director for CUNY’s School of Professional Studies online BS in Nursing will assist with the day-to-day operations, student advisement, and academic planning as well as represent the Program at Career Fairs, Community College Nursing Programs, regional employment sites, and community agencies for recruitment purposes.
Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College’s specialized academic program under management direction.
– Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
– Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
– Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
– Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
– Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
– Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
– May supervise office operations and/or department budget
– Performs related duties as assigned.
– At least 2 years of experience providing administrative support in a higher education setting or health services setting preferred
– Familiarity with HIPAA guidelines preferred
– Experience providing academic advisement to students preferred
– Experience with recruitment strategies preferred
– Experience with academic planning and course scheduling preferred
– Experience with student registration systems preferred
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications preferred
– Excellent customer service orientation
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively
– Strong writing, reporting, editing, and oral communication skills
– Ability to communicate effectively and act as a member of a team
– Ability to prioritize, establish, and meet goals and milestones
– Detail-oriented with ability to address concurrent issues and adapt to changing priorities
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below: