Since its inception in 2003, the School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched fourteen degrees – eight bachelor’s degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master’s degrees, and more programs are currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
The Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies is a collaboration between the University and New York City labor unions, for the purpose of serving the educational, policy, and research needs of unions and their members. The mission of the Institute is to: 1) offer undergraduate and graduate programs to labor and urban studies; 2) expand working adult student access to colleges throughout the CUNY system; 3) partner with labor unions and employers to address training and education needs of union members; and 4) serve the labor and broader community by conducting research, offering leadership development programs, hosting forums and national conferences, and publishing articles, books, and a national labor journal to promote debate on issues critical to labor’s future and its policy role.
Reporting to the Director of the Murphy Institute or his/her designee, the Manager of Enrollment Development:
– Manages the development of Institute-wide student recruitment activities and strategies.
– Recommends and reviews new student enrollment targets.
– Develops close working relationships with unions and employers to enroll students in Murphy Institute programs.
– Liaisons to the School of Professional Studies, as well as with other CUNY units, to enroll students in the Institute’s worker education and workforce development programs.
– Develops close working relationships with all unit teams in Urban Studies, Labor Studies, and Worker Education to develop and implement program-specific recruiting and pre-admissions activities.
– Manages recruitment budget.
– Reports on recruitment outcomes, strategies, and recommends improvements.
Manages a College Enrollment function or unit.
– Oversees daily office activities and staff development to ensure efficient and effective enrollment operations
– Assists senior management in developing plans, implementing initiatives and assessing performance
– Recommends and implements improvements to schedules, policies and procedures to advance unit effectiveness
– Serves as resource expert on enrollment practices to resolve complex student issues, and assists students with special circumstances in receiving support
– Plans and executes workshops, orientation sessions, and events to acquaint students with enrollment processes
– Reviews and approves content for print and on-line enrollment materials
– Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
– May manage professional and/or clerical staff as well as department budget
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and six years’ relevant experience required.
– Advanced degree preferred
– Direct experience with student recruitment highly desirable
– Experience with higher education policies, practices, and administration
– Experience with labor, community, and non-profit institutions preferred
– Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
– Evidence of effective team-building preferred
– Evidence of ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
– Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills preferred
– Competence in a range of computer applications (e.g. internet research, MS Office, social media and student registration systems) preferred
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below: