The CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) leads the University in developing and offering online bachelor’s degrees for students who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS also offers master’s degrees, certificates, and non-degree programs, and is home to the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
Reporting to the Director of Budget and Finance, the Finance Specialist will:
- Assume responsibilities for preparing, reconciling, and issuing reports for tuition fees and the CUNY SPS Foundation.
- Conduct financial analysis to provide annual tuition and fee collection projections.
- Perform monthly reconciliations and reforecast, if necessary.
- Liaise with the Office of the Bursar, and assist in the assessment of internal operations as they relate to the collection of funds.
- Assist with internal control audits of CUNY SPS and CUNY SPS Foundation activities.
- Post journal entries and adjustments for CUNY SPS tuition and fees and CUNY SPS Foundation accounts in requisite accounting systems.
- Serve as the liaison to external auditors.
- Serve as the CUNY SPS representative on the newly formed Tuition and Fee Revenue Council.
- Liaise with College, University, and governmental representatives.
- Coordinates financial matters for a program or department under management direction.
- Maintains financial accounts for income and spending; administers the allocation of funds
- Analyzes spending, income trends and usage to recommend improvements
- Manages the collection of revenue and accounts receivable
- Tracks and maintains financial data to provide fiscal reports to management; produces forecasting projections
- Monitors the financial condition of operating centers to ensure efficient use of resources
- Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis as necessary
- May supervise subordinate staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- At least three years in a higher education and/or government agency setting
- Internal control audit experience
- Experience and proficiency in preparing financial statements
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office program, particularly Excel (Pivot table, V-Lookup, Macro and Formula functions).
- Some experience with CUNYFirst
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below: