Since its inception in 2003, the School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched sixteen degrees: ten bachelor’s degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master’s degrees, with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
The Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management and Admissions will report to Associate Dean of Administration and Finance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the Office of Admissions in the delivery of all recruitment, outreach, inquiry and admissions services.
- Oversee the Office of Advisement in the delivery of advisement and student orientation programs;
- Ensure high levels of and/or enhances student satisfaction with services.
- Advance the goals of the School via the creative integration of technology into recruitment, admissions and advisement activities.
- Serve as a resource to academic and administrative units regarding improvements to recruitment, admissions, student orientation, and advisement procedures.
- Support appropriate student success initiatives.
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team of the School.
- Work closely with the Assistant Dean of the Registrar and Student Services to support and achieve strategic enrollment goals, assessment, and retention initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Assistant Dean administers one or more key College programs. He/she develops, implements, and assesses programs and services to produce high-quality results and meet strategic goals. He/she also coordinates activities among different units, and with areas outside the College, and may oversee staff, budget, operations, and facilities.
This position is in CUNY’s Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience. Additional qualifications are defined below by the College.
A preferred candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in higher education, higher education administration, or a related field, with progressively responsible leadership roles in the areas of admissions, recruitment and advisement
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively regarding the enrollment management process, and to work collaboratively with both the leadership of the School and with faculty and staff
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and open communication skills
- Experience working with student information systems, as well as strong computer literacy and familiarity and comfort with spreadsheets and databases; working familiarity and understanding of CUNYfirst is highly desirable
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative analytics to set strategic direction for enrollment management activities; identify and evaluate opportunities; explore and test innovative solutions; and set priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below: