We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Data Analyst Assistant (Non-Teaching Adjunct) for a grant-funded study at CUNY School of Professional Studies.
The study analyzes the effects on persistence and performance as a result of an online orientation for new students. The Data Analyst Assistant (Non-Teaching Adjunct) will work with both qualitative data (coding student discussion board post content) and quantitative data analysis. The position will run for the Fall and Spring term, at 15 NTA hrs per week on average.
Below is a description of the position and qualifications. Please contact Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orientation Data Analyst FA 14, SP 15 (NTA)
Working with the CUNY SPS Institutional Research Specialist, the Orientation Data Analyst will conduct statistical research analyses by compiling and coding data, managing data sets and analyzing data using statistical analysis software. The ODA will source data from institutional database, Blackboard LMS and coded experiment variables, to create and manage a dataset/database for the research study. Using statistical software, the ODA will conduct statistical tests and analysis on the data, and draw conclusions about the effects of the experiment. Analysis will conclude with a report on the efficacy of variables (components of an enhanced orientation experience) on student performance and persistence towards a degree.
Summary of research must be represented in numerical, graphical and written form.
- Bachelor’s Degree or candidacy at Master’s or Doctoral Level in the social sciences or education, or field directly related to research and data analysis
- Advanced quantitative skills; a focus on education data preferred but not required
- Competency with coding qualitative data / content analysis
- Advanced knowledge and experience with statistical software package (i.e. SPSS, SAS, or STATA)
- Ability to manage data and effectively work with data management tools
- Working knowledge of the LMS Blackboard CUNY