The CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) leads the University in developing and offering online bachelor’s degrees for students who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS also offers master’s degrees, certificates, and non-degree programs, and is home to the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
Reporting to the Director of Campus Operations, and working closely with the Office of Budget and Finance, the Facilities Property Coordinator will implement effective property management procedures for CUNY SPS and:
- Ensure that assets are correctly identified, tagged and accounted for at all CUNY SPS offices/locations, in accordance with University, State and Federal regulations, from acquisition through disposal.
- Ensure appropriate protocol is followed for disposal of assets.
- Conduct periodic physical inventories to verify asset records.
- Record new assets, changes to existing assets, and asset disposals utilizing the asset management database.
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable and Purchasing Departments to confirm the delivery, receipt, and payment of inventorial equipment and software.
Maintains and tracks fixed assets and equipment.
- Coordinates and communicates with Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Receiving, and Storeroom personnel to track and manage fixed assets inventories
- Conducts physical inventories of College property in accordance with established federal, state, and city policies and procedures
- Works with College Public Safety personnel to safeguard property and maintain proper equipment control
- Maintains systems and databases to track assets; prepares and reviews routine reconciliation reports
- Assists in proper equipment disposal, transfer and salvage activities following City, State, and Federal regulations, and in accordance with University policy
- Assists in records management
- May supervise personnel in conducting inventory and performing routine tasks
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
The preferred candidate should have:
- A least two years of experience working in facilities or related field and/or tracking physical inventories
- Experience with tracking databases and ability to produce reports
- Basic project management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Some experience with CUNYFirst or PeopleSoft
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
You can view and apply for this job at:
Make sure to upload a cover letter and resume with the contact information of 3 professional references by the closing date.
December 25, 2014
(Search reopened – previously posted as Job ID 10402)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.