Job Description:The Research Assistant performs the transcription and assists in the coding of interview data from the Undergraduate Study Habits Ethnography Project.
Skills and Qualifications:
The research assistant:
- is able to follow oral and written instructions;
- is self motivated, organized and detail-oriented;
- is able meet deadlines and make progress without direct supervision;
- is able to maintain organized records;
- is able to handle and protect confidential data;
- has strong spoken and written communications skills;
- has computer skills in office productivity software including Microsoft Word and Excel, and general internet and electronic communication applications;
- is capable of learning to use new software.
- significant coursework in the social sciences, especially anthropology or sociology;
- junior or senior standing or a graduate student in the fall of 2016;
- current CITI certification – https://www.citiprogram.org/
- transcribe recorded interviews;
- keep transcription data organized according to parameters specified by the principal investigator;
- generate preliminary codes from transcribed interviews according to the specifications of the principal investigator;
- keep coded data organized according to parameters specified by the principal investigator;
- handle confidential data with integrity;
- produce written, tabular and/or visual materials based on project data.
- 10-15 hours per week, preferably in January 2016
- On site at Brooklyn College
To apply for this position, please contact Prof. Mariana Regalado: firstname.lastname@example.org