NYCHA’s Department of Communications develops and disseminates NYCHA’s messaging to multiple audiences including residents, employees, community partners, media, and the general public through numerous communication channels. The Department communicates NYCHA’s mission, values, long-term vision, and core promises and also serves as the key point of inquiry and outreach to media on topical and ongoing issues.
The Web and Social Media Graphics Coordinator will be responsible for developing visual content for Authority initiatives. The Web and Social Media Graphics Coordinator will be responsible for developing visual content for Authority initiatives including graphics, video, and written content for social media, web, and print. The ideal candidate interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, often under deadlines or high-pressure situations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and execute graphic needs for NYCHA initiatives, primarily for web and social media.
- Prepare flyers, announcements and newsletter templates for resident meetings and other occurrences.
- Assist with creating branding collateral and guidelines to be disseminated and used by NYCHA staff and partners.
- Work with departments to develop marketing tools to communicate the Authority’s mission.
- Upload videos, scripting and editing of online video footage to market the Authority’s brand.
- Engage in periodic photography, video and event activities.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Digital Communications Manager.
Social Media and Web
- Assist with maintaining social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr and YouTube.
- Assist with managing email lists using Constant Contact.
- Maintain and upload content for NYCHA’s website including promotional copy, press releases, media advisories and statements.
Minimum Qual Requirements
(1) A baccalaureate degree, with a major in fine or graphic arts, from an accredited college and one year of full-time paid experience as a commercial or graphic artist; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus two years of training in a technical school approved by a state’s Department of Education or comparable governmental agency, in oils, water colors, painting, design, black and white, layout, computer graphics, and other art media, and three years of acceptable full-time paid experience as a commercial or graphic artist.
To be qualified for assignment to Assignment Level II, individuals must have:
(a) at least one year of experience as a Graphic Artist, Assignment Level I; or
(b) the Qualification Requirements described in “1” or “2” above, plus two additional years of acceptable specialized paid experience conceptualizing and initiating graphic art projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in journalism, mass communications, or a related field.
- Attention to details and solid news judgment are essential attributes.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Premiere.
- Ability to quickly create data visualizations and infographics.
- Knowledge of basic HTML.
- Ability to cut and edit video quickly.
- Experience using social media management tools like HootSuite and analytics like Facebook Insights and Web Trends.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively to meet stringent deadlines.
- Emanate a high energy, positive “can-do” attitude, while being a flexible team player.
- Strong decision-maker and a natural creative thinker.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and stakeholders.
NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
Proposed Salary Range
$ 45,000.00 – $ 64,000.00 (Annual)
To apply for this assignment, please submit your cover letter/resume electronically using the following method: Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search. Search for JOB ID# 222935.