The CUNY School of Professional Studies is currently home to eighteen degrees: ten bachelor’s degrees for students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and eight master’s degrees. CUNY SPS leads The City University of New York in developing and operating online degree programs; it has eight undergraduate and four graduate degrees that are fully online.
CUNY SPS currently seeks a candidate for a tenure track position as Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Nursing for the School’s online Nursing programs: R.N.to B.S and proposed Masters’ Programs in Nursing Education, Nursing Informatics and Nursing Organizational Leadership.
The general responsibilities of the Nursing faculty will include, but are not limited to, teaching courses in the discipline; curriculum development; advisement and support of students; participation in committees and other governance structures; scholarship in the discipline and/or teaching and learning; and, other functions as assigned.
Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
A preferred candidate should have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Earned doctorate in nursing or a related field
- NYS professional nursing license (RN) or eligible for reciprocity
- Experience with online teaching and a demonstrated experience with online learning -Experience with curriculum and course development for a nursing program -Ability to communicate effectively with students for advisement and mentoring
- Ability to communicate and establish effective relationships with faculty and clinical/program partners
- Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, administration and staff
- Commitment to advance the success of an online learning environment for nursing students Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have the above plus the following:
- Demonstrated experience with program accreditation coordination
- Demonstrated experience with clinical placement -Demonstrated experience in Graduate Nursing Education
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Please apply at the following link:
From the job posting system, select “Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID#15214 or Title.