Baruch College is hiring a coordinator to help administer Vocat, a homegrown tool that facilitates feedback on multimedia projects. The coordinator will work 20 hours/week to assist faculty and staff members on implementation and support. Vocat (http://vocat.io) allows faculty and students to upload video, audio, and photos directly into the web interface, and provides a rubric generator, in-line annotations, and threaded discussions for quantitative and qualitative assessment.
The Vocat Coordinator, working with the educational technology team at the Center for Teaching and Learning, will perform the following duties:
- Work with faculty to develop and implement new and innovative assignments using Vocat, as well as our campus-wide WordPress blogging platform.
- Support faculty in setting up new courses, creating custom rubrics and evaluating media assets in the Vocat system.
- Assist students in recording and uploading media, annotating their work, evaluating the work of their peers, and responding to instructor feedback.
- Regularly update and distribute documentation and tutorials for instructor and student users.
- Collect bug reports and feature requests to elevate to the developer for consideration.
- Create a showcase of unique uses and best practices of Vocat for the Center for Teaching and Learning website (ctl.baruch.cuny.edu).
Applicants should have experience working with educational technology tools, writing documentation and tutorials, and strong collaborative and communication skills. Bachelor’s degree required. Teaching experience preferred.
This is a paid College Assistant position for up to 20 hours per week through 6/30/2017 and potentially renewable for the 2017-2018 academic year.
To Apply or Ask Questions:
Email a resume and cover letter to Craig.Stone@baruch.cuny.edu. Job open until filled. Apply ASAP.