The CUNY School of Professional Studies is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter College Assistant/Facilities Assistant.
Reporting to Director of Campus Operations, the College Assistant/Facilities Assistant will:
- Assist with the day-to-day Campus Operations responsibilities.
- Assist in responding to building occupants with space and facilities help desk calls.
- Assist in day-to-day activities taking place within the CUNY School of Professional Studies facilities, including special events.
- Maintain professional appearance of CUNY School of Professional Studies public areas including conference rooms, supply areas, lobbies, and hallways.
- Contact service companies for repairs as needed.
- Maintain documentation and files related to the Campus Operations department.
- Assist with the completion of special support projects.
- Assist Campus Operations department with various administrative and clerical tasks, e.g., providing front desk/reception support, and mailroom support.
Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED
- Some experience with providing facilities and clerical support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent data entry skills and accuracy.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely to all levels of administration, staff, students, and faculty.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and work independently.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, in a fast paced environment.
Salary Range: $15.00 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week (evening and/or weekend hours may be required).
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
CUNY SPS College Assistant/Facilities Assistant Search
c/o Walida Najeeullah
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.