This position will work with a team of educators to support online and other technology-mediated education efforts within the Urban Advantage (UA) program, with primary duties related to the design and support of online learning experiences, the support and development of the learning management system, and support for a variety of educational technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and support Urban Advantage’s online presence and functionality
- Support online program registration, communicate with partners and work with UA staff to ensure registrations are processed properly
- Design, develop, and produce online and blended courses with Urban Advantage staff including development of online assignments, rubrics, onsite activities, and evaluation
- Provide technical support for Urban Advantage teachers in online courses
- Assist with the development and record keeping of course enrollments and analytics
- Serve as a knowledge base for Urban Advantage staff to build capacity across the program to pursue new online and blended opportunities
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to see projects through to completion while working with a high level of independence. The successful candidate must be organized, thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, possess strong analytical and communication skills, be able to multitask and prioritize, with the ability to work effectively within a highly collaborative group.
Robert V. Steiner, Ph.D.
Director, Online Teacher Education Programs
National Center for Science Literacy, Education and Technology
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY 10024-7192