Gottesman Libraries at Teachers College (TC) Columbia University is seeking a service associate. As a member of the services team, you will answer reference questions, provide research assistance, and support and promote the activities of this vibrant academic community. You may also participate in creating content for our Education Program, support events in our state of the art Learning Theater, and provide expertise about digital tools – including those developed at EdLab, the research, design, and development unit of the TC Library.
This job is perfect for library and information science students who want to gain experience working in an innovative and forward-thinking library, teaching artists who thrive in a stimulating intellectual environment, or tech-savvy extroverts who are passionate about bringing people and information together.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Very good organizational skills with great attention to detail
- A flexible, can-do attitude
- A passion for collaboration
- An interest in teaching, libraries, technology and the field of education
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include “Learning Experience: Services Associate” in the subject line.