The College Assistant for the Ph.D. Program in History will provide administrative support to the Assistant Program Officer (APO) and the Executive Officer (EO) of the Program. Under the APO’s supervision, the College Assistant’s duties will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
• Assist in the improvement of alumni outreach and relations:
• Assist in the improvement of existing format of Program’s GC website
• Processing documents for reimbursement/payment, tracking budget and acting as liaison with Business Office to coordinate all purchasing and payments
• Performing standard office work including filing, answering phones and ordering supplies
• Handling AV, catering, and facilities requests, other special event help
• Scanning documents and posting messages to the GC History sites
• Maintain address information for all students and faculty members within the History program
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by the APO, EO or DEO.
• High School diploma
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree
• Accounting, finance or bookkeeping related experience and/or education
• One year of office/administrative experience
• Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Adobe Pro.
• Ability to work independently and carry out a variety of tasks with above average problem-solving capabilities
Salary: $16.93 per hour
Hours: 20 per week
Please send cover letter, resume, and the names and email addresses of 3 professional references to email@example.com
• Selected applicant must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
• All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
• The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.