Job Description:PVN #: N020
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: CUNY School of Professional Studies
Location: Temporarily Remote
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked in the top 2% in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2021 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
The Office of Admissions serves as the first point of contact for prospective students who are interested in obtaining information about the CUNY School of Professional Studies. As a member of the Admissions team, the Admissions Systems Assistant will support the processes to recruit, admit, and enroll students at the CUNY School of Professional Studies. More specifically, in this role the Admissions Systems Assistant will provide accurate information to prospective students and applicants by supporting and aiding the office’s Enrollment Systems Manager to update and maintain various admissions related systems and individual records. The Admissions Systems Assistant stays informed on all SPS policies, programs, and events to provide accurate and timely updates to the various admissions systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Enrollment Systems Manager, the Admissions Systems Assistant will:
• Enter prospective student data to create new records and update existing records in the School’s CRM system and other admissions related systems
• Assist in creating and maintaining student records in CUNYfirst, the School’s main student database
• Assist in implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of admission related communication plans in the School’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and other admissions related systems
• Track admissions related activities (i.e., calls, chats, transcript receipts, etc.) including importing data and maintaining data integrity for reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc email communications, in the School’s CRM or other admissions related systems
• Assist with the onboarding and implementation of a new CRM
• Assist with cross-functional enrollment support as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems including, but not limited to, CUNYfirst and Campus Management systems such as Connect, Slate, and ApplyYourself
• Commitment to understanding admissions application and student enrollment processes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Evidence of being detail, results, and solution oriented
• Ability to be focused and efficient, but also flexible when working on multiple projects
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer applications quickly
Note: While the Admissions Systems Assistant/Non-Teaching Adjunct positon is currently remote, the selected finalist is expected to have access to a laptop/computer, internet and phone access to perform most job duties and responsibilities. Upon return to normal campus operations, this position will transition to our physical office located at 119 W 31st Street, New York, NY 10001.
Salary Range: $45.58 – $49.32 per hour (hourly rate, which is based on the CUNY’s non-teaching adjunct salary scale, is commensurate with experience and qualifications).
Hours: Part-time (approximately 15 hours per week)
Please send resume, cover letter and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
CUNY SPS Admissions Systems Assistant/Non-Teaching Adjunct Search
Lai Chau, Enrollment Systems Manager
CUNY SPS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.