Job Description:PVN #: 0064
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: Campus Operations
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked in the top 2% in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2021 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Campus Operations Manager, the Campus Operations Assistant/College Assistant will:
• Maintain inventory of office/mail supplies, copy paper and printer/copier supplies and replenish as needed.
• Maintain printer service/repair work order tracking spreadsheet.
• Monitor Shredability bins and request service as needed.
• Assist with printer device service calls and service technician site visits.
• Maintain an organized mailroom.
• Assist with sending notifications about incoming packages.
• Perform data entry duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma/GED
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain good working relationships.
• Proficient computer/technical skills – experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and working with other computer based programs.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and follow up as needed.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Strong work ethic with a customer service focus.
Salary Range: up to $20.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hours: 20 hours per week
Please send resume, cover letter and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
Campus Operations Assistant/College Assistant Search
CUNY SPS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee).
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.