Job Description:PVN #: 0065
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: Office of the Bursar
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked #10 in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2022 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
In 2021, CUNY SPS launched the Food Access Initiative to provide support to eligible students experiencing food insecurity. Students are eligible to request micro-grants every 30 days as long as they are enrolled in the current semester and provide proof of purchase of groceries from a previous grant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Scholarships, the Scholarships Assistant will:
• Provide high level customer service to students via all methods of communication, with focus on a high volume of email and phone call communications.
• Provide counseling to students regarding options on financing education e.g. basic information on scholarships, financial aid, and/or payment plans.
• Assist in review of award eligibility in collaboration with the Offices of Financial Aid, Bursar, and Scholarships.
• Utilize CUNYfirst and Microsoft Office for managing data.
• Maintain accurate reports using Microsoft Excel to track awards.
• Provide analysis and recommendations to improve processes and procedures as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma/GED
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one year experience in a customer service oriented position preferred.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (with emphasis in Excel skills).
• Prioritize, establish and meet goals. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team- based, and customer service- oriented environment is preferred.
Salary Range: up to $20.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hours: 20 hours per week
Please send resume, cover letter and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
Scholarships Assistant/College Assistant Search
Leah Chajeczkis, Director of Bursar and Scholarships
CUNY SPS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee).
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.