Job Description:PVN #: 0070
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: Office of the Bursar
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked #10 in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2022 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
The Office of the Bursar is responsible for the collection of tuition and fees for at the CUNY School of Professional Studies. In addition, the office is responsible for assisting students with plans on financing their education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Enrollment Bursar Coordinator, the Bursar Assistant will:
• Provide high level customer service to students via all methods of communication, with focus on a high volume of email and phone call communications.
• Review student records for accuracy.
• Assist in review of award eligibility in collaboration with the Offices of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
• Utilize CUNYfirst and Microsoft Office for managing data.
• Maintain accurate reports using Microsoft Excel to track awards.
• Provide analysis and recommendations to improve processes and procedures as necessary.
• Assist the Office of the Bursar with the completion of various administrative tasks and projects
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma/GED
• A minimum of one-year experience in a customer service-oriented position.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft (CUNYfirst).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (with an emphasis in Excel skills).
• Prioritize, establish and meet goals. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team based, and customer service-oriented environment.
Salary Range: $17.50 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week
Please send resume, cover letter and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
Bursar Assistant/College Assistant Search
Leah Chajeczkis, Director of Bursar and Scholarships
CUNY SPS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee).
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.