Job Description:Support Staff
PVN #: 0073
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: Office of Financial Aid
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked #10 in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2022 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
The Office of Financial Aid assists students with the financial aid process and provides information on types of aid, application processes, and eligibility requirements. As a member of the Financial Aid team, the Financial Aid Assistant will support all processes that enable students to receive aid and maintain enrollment at the School.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in processing financial aid applications, compile and verify data, and provide information on rules and regulations to students
• Assist in compiling data and preparing federal and state financial aid reports
• Advise students and parents of financial aid including deadlines, procedures, types of available aid and factors determining need
• Will update and maintain financial aid files; input and verify financial aid data into computer
• Respond to financial aid related inquiries in a polite and professional manner to ensure the highest level of student satisfaction
• Collaborate with the TAP Coordinator
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma/GED
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Prior financial aid experience
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience generating and working on reports
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to be focused and efficient, but also flexible when working on multiple projects
Salary Range: $20.00 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week
Please send resume, cover letter and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
CUNY SPS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee).
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.