1. Provide faculty with first level hands on assistance and answer questions about Blackboard, Smartboards and e-Portfolios
2. Assist in deployment and configuration of Laptops, Tablet PCs, PDAs, iPads and other mobile devices used by the Office of Educational Technology.
3. Escalate appropriate or unresolved questions to the Instructional Designers
4. Support in conducting educational technology training for faculty and students
5. Support the basic overall computer maintenance and management of the Educational Technology – Faculty Commons Lab.
6. Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records, operate office machines (such as copier), sort and distribute mail, act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
7. Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
To apply, please contact Iber Poma <email@example.com>
Under supervision of the Director of Educational Technology, the Multimedia Specialist will implement complex technical programs and/or projects; perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, instructional design, and other similar functions to support faculty & students depending on the needs of the Instructional Technology Department; and participate and provide input to technical policy-making decisions.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Support in the implementation of Perkins Major Effort 2 such as ePortfolios, PDAs in the classroom and iTunes U/podcasting.
- Implement innovative pedagogical applications of the latest computer, mobile and digital media technologies.
- Develop educational and tutorial websites, interactive learning modules, multimedia presentations, video, audio and print educational media.
- Provide one-to-one guidance to professors and instructors in Blackboard, distance learning, online applications, mobile technology and digital and print media use in the classroom across all disciplines in a professional setting.
- Keep abreast of the latest hardware and software developments and adapt them for pedagogical uses across disciplines.
- Develop and administer short-term training courses for faculty and students.
- Modify existing applications as required.
- Provide support to Blackboard and iTunes users.
- Manage multiple projects in a dynamic team-oriented environment;
- Serve as a liaison between Academic Departments and Instructional Technology department, and as a technical resource in all aspects of systems, software and hardware.
Salary:$50,000 – $55,000
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth experience programming in Java, .NET, ASP, PHP, ActionScript(Flash).
- In-depth experience in Tegrity, TurnItIn, Camtasia, Adobe CS Suite, Blackboard.
- Strong understanding of database design (MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access).
- Strong understanding of WordPress MU, Sakai, Kaltura, WikiMedia, and other CMS platforms is a plus.
- Experience with Windows Mobile, iPad, and other mobile environments/languages.
APPLY HERE: http://www.rfcuny.org/hr/pvn/cgi-bin/show_job.asp?pvn=RIT-833
Tags:applications developer, .net developer, instructional technology, educational technology, multimedia specialist