The Digital Operations Production Assistant for Comedy Central Programming and Multi-Platform Strategy will work the Graveyard Shift, from 3AM to 10AM, Monday through Thursday (candidate must be prepared to stay later as necessary.) The schedule shadows the production schedule of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. When those shows are not on the air, the Content Operations Assistant is off as well.
The Digital Operations Production Assistant provides nightly Quality Assurance (QA) testing for all run of site media (i.e. display media, video, rich media, etc.) as well as custom sponsorship executions on comedycentral.com and related vertical properties.
This role also supports and assists the Content & Programming Department with nightly production tasks required for the upkeep and maintenance of the www.dailyshow.com and www.colbertnation.com websites each night after new episodes have aired.
● Assist the Operations Team and external departments (i.e. Sales, Traffic, AdOps) with testing new executions of existing products for approval and launch on specified locations. (i.e. Standard Video Walls, Video Player Pushdowns, OPAs, Point of Entry Interstitials and Skyscrapers) when necessary.
● Assist the Digital Operations Managers with regression testing on all active campaigns to confirm all required elements of an active campaign are present and functional. This includes making sure there are no broken images, broken links, etc.
● Conduct nightly QA rounds throughout comedycentral.com and related vertical properties to ensure there are no “bad ads” in rotation and report all bad ads to Traffic/Sales.
● Conduct nightly QA rounds throughout comedycentral.com and related vertical properties to ensure there are no competitive ads running on the same page (i.e. there shouldn’t be a Verizon ad and an AT&T ad on the same page)
● Conduct nightly QA rounds throughout comedycentral.com and related vertical properties to ensure ads are not breaking the site functionality (i.e. floating navigation should not be covered by an ad)
● Conduct nightly QA rounds throughout comedycentral.com and related vertical properties on mobile and tablet devices
● Conduct nightly QA rounds throughout thedailyshow.com and colbertnation.com to ensure daily video clips and full episodes are playing correctly, with appropriate closed captioning, metadata and tags
● Assist with research efforts of various online and print trade publications to gather information on approaches and creative trends used to integrate sponsorship elements.
● On occasion, act as back up for C&P nightly production assistant on the dailyshow.com and colbertnation.com websites by performing the following tasks:
– Production of web pages and web content
– Update content nightly after new episodes have aired
– Create/update data records, content items and promotional touts in our content management system
– Publish necessary assets, including video, images and data content records to update sites
● Dependability and commitment to schedule is an absolute must
● Professional website production experience required
● Outstanding and careful attention to detail
● Strong organizational skills
● Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Capable at problem solving
● Great time management skills
● Ability to take initiative and work independently
● Experience managing online projects
● Experience producing graphics for the web
● Working knowledge of HTML, XML, Flash, other web technologies and content management systems
● Knowledge of entertainment industry
● Knowledge of Photoshop, ImageReady, additional database development and web production skills, a plus
● Knowledge of video and audio encoding programs such as Final Cut Pro, a plus
● Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio, a plus
● Previous experience managing ad sales / sponsorship driven projects, a plus
About Our Company: Available on-air, online and on-the-go, COMEDY CENTRAL (www.cc.com) is the #1 brand in comedy and is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned unit of Viacom Inc.