Original Post Date: August 17, 2011
Job Description: ePortfolios provide an electronic framework within which students create an online portfolio of key learning experiences under the guidance of instructors and ePortfolio Advisors. Students collect, select, reflect and connect meaningful artifacts or examples that mirror and anchor their academic progress in degree programs. Additionally, students can add goals that are relevant to their particular academic and career trajectories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Academic Operations Assistant, the ePortfolio Advisor(s) will assist students in the ePortfolio program. The ePortfolio Advisor(s) will also:
- Actively participate in an online ePortfolio community which will serve as a support system for students, eP advisors,faculty, staff, and academic advisors.
- Regularly monitor student ePortfolios and assist students as they develop their ePortfolio; making suggestions when appropriate.
- Use available resources to help in solving technology related problems/questions.
- Assist in the preparation of ePortfolio workshops for students and faculty.
- Assist with student ePortfolio showcase events each spring semester.
- Maintain current knowledge of ePortfolio research and practice.
- Edit student-friendly communications on student ePortfolio guidelines.
- Work one-on-one with students who seek assistance.
- Create learning tutorials as needed.
- Answer e-mails from students and faculty.
- Attend job-related meetings.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- Other Qualifications:
- Must be a current CUNY student or alumni.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, technical, and organizational skills.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and Adobe applications and web-enabled communications.
- Able to work effectively with all users, including students, faculty, staff, and administrative officers.
- Strong writing, reporting and editing skills including the ability to present information in a coherent manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and act as a member of a team.
- Must be energetic, well organized and patient with a blend of technical and analytical skills, initiative, and independence.
Salary Range: $13.00 per hour
Hours: 8 hours per week
Applicants must send a resume, cover letter, and the names and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to:
SPS College Assistant/ePortfolio Advisor Search
c/o Ms. Sarah Morgano
Academic Operations Assistant
The CUNY School of Professional Studies
365 Fifth Avenue, Room 3300.26
New York, NY 10016
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please view the listing on the Graduate Center website: http://gc.cuny.edu/About-the-GC/Resource-Services/Human-Resources/Jobs-at-the-GC/Detail?id=5036
CUNY Affiliation: Staff