The Gottesman Libraries at Teachers College, Columbia University seek a Lead Library Experience Specialist to guide efforts to enhance a powerful library learning environment combining physical and virtual elements to support learning and teaching in a dynamic graduate school community.
The Learning Experience Specialist will:
- Design, develop, and maintain technologies in library learning spaces, including physical spaces (e.g., classrooms, group rooms, workstations, learner spaces, and event spaces) and virtual spaces (e.g., course platforms, digital archives, online publishing environments)
- Educate and prepare other members of the library services team to support the use of learning and teaching technologies
- Partner with the library’s education program by developing the infrastructure for showcasing and amplifying exhibitions, events, and related activities
- Partner with the library’s reference services team to provide support and instruction to patrons in the use of library learning environments
- Study current and emerging learning and teaching needs of students, faculty, and staff
- Master’s degree in library and information science, education or a related field
- Demonstrated administrative and management experience including technology, staff training, and strategic development
- Experience using existing and emerging technologies to provide and enhance library and learning services
- Familiarity with a wide variety of computer software and hardware
- Demonstrated experience in operational and strategic planning
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and individuals outside of regular work area or unit
- Record of innovation and creativity
- Experience working with learners and educators
If interested in this position, please send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Application for the Lead Library Learning Experience Specialist” in the subject of your email.