- Serve to connect people and ideas on the OpenLab.
- Liaison between faculty, student, and staff users and the OpenLab Co-Directors.
- Be an active presence on the site and provide assistance to members on an as-needed basis.
- Contribute posts to the OpenLab news blog.
- Moderate a site feedback group.
- Create tutorials and participate in enhancing the sitewide help system.
- Assist with testing new features and fixes, and provide feedback on site functionality.
- Give instruction (via workshops/seminars/class visits) to users (faculty, students, and staff) who may be inexperienced with technology.
- Guide users on best practices to develop content.
- Teach them about blogging, how to use technology such as blogs in the classroom, and what it means to have an online presence.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- A willingness to work collaboratively with a team
- A fluid understanding of socially networked online spaces
- Comfort and familiarity with common web 2.0 platforms
- The ability to respond to support requests with speed, empathy, and creativity
- The ability to create visually attractive, informative, and well-written blog posts, wiki entries, and screencasts
Familiarity with the CUNY Academic Commons (or other WordPress/BuddyPress installations) is strongly desired.
Experience with the following tools is desired:
Basic HTML, basic CSS, common web 2.0 applications (Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Facebook, etc.), WordPress, BuddyPress, MediaWiki, implementation of rich media (photos, videos, podcasts), Photoshop.
Hours and Pay:
7-10 hours a week, $25/hour
Please submit a CV, a few links to your online work, and a short note describing your interest in the position and how your experiences qualify you for it. If you already work within the CUNY system or for the Research Foundation of CUNY, please note that, too.
Materials may be sent via email to Maura Smale, Project Director, A Living Laboratory: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.