Under supervision of the Director of Educational Technology, the Multimedia & Applications Developer will implement complex technical programs and/or projects; perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, instructional design, and other similar functions to support faculty & students depending on the needs of the Office of Educational Technology; and provide input to educational technology policy-making decisions.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Support in the implementation of 21st Century technologies,such as ePortfolios, blended/asynchronous courses, mobile learning, web 2.0 tools for education.
- Develop and implement innovative pedagogical applications using the latest computer, mobile and digital media technologies.
- Develop educational and interactive websites, including interactive learning modules, multimedia presentations, and rich media.
- Provide one-to-one guidance to faculty in Blackboard,ePortfolios, blended/online learning, mobile learning, and digital media use in the classroom across all disciplines in a professional setting.
- Support and enhance existing homegrown applications asrequired.
- Develop and administer short-term training courses for faculty and students.
- Provide support for Blackboard, Digication, and WordPress users.
- Keep abreast of the latest hardware and software developments and adapt them for pedagogical uses across disciplines.
- Manage multiple projects in a dynamic team-oriented environment;
- Serve as a liaison between Academic Departments and the Office of Educational Technology, and as a technical resource in all aspects of instructional design, as well as technologies used in the classroom.
Salary:$ 48,000 to $ 58,000
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth experience programming in Java, .NET, ASP, PHP, ActionScript (Flash).
- In-depth experience with lecture capturing solutions (e.g.Tegrity), TurnItIn, Camtasia, Adobe CS Suite, Blackboard.
- Strong understanding of database design (MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access).
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of project development life cycle is a plus.
- Strong understanding of WordPress Multisites, Kaltura, WikiMedia, and other CMS platforms is a plus.
- Experience with Windows Mobile, iOS, and other mobile environments / languages is a plus.