Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music requires a meticulous and trustworthy person to take on the role of Coordinator, Archives. This position will have a focus on cataloguing and managing newly arrived physical audio assets, and it will touch on the depth and breadth of all the media assets the company owns and uses. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Generate accurate and complete metadata for newly arrived media assets.
- Maintain a current production library of several thousand physical media assets.
- Log in and lend out assets to users and to Archives shelves using Sony asset database.
- Work with labels to identify and deliver assets for emerging, time-sensitive projects.
- Use the company?s other databases to corroborate and improve data for incoming assets.
- Work with archives team members to become familiar with broad scope of older assets.
- Manage out-bounding of assets to offsite vaults in a timely fashion.
- Interest in and awareness of techniques used to capture and reproduce recorded sound.
- Ability to type at a reasonably brisk speed, with accuracy.
- Ability to learn and use the Sony asset tracking database MTLS, for both entry and circulation purposes.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with a vast array of digital and analog media formats.
- Demonstrate a consistent ability to detect the sometimes subtle cues that identify the purpose and content of a given piece of media.
- Diligence, trustworthiness, and a meticulous eye for detail.